"Sir, Here is the way to go RR"

It was the period when Maoist Insurgency was in the extreme extent. Many Police beats and Army barracks were often attacked and people like we, who were staying in the urban feel normal to such attacks, it used to seem that we were in addiction to hear such assaults. We were interested to look after the papers not to feel passionate with such violence but to count the number of dead militants or Maoist combatants.
It was the midsummer of 2004, I was travelling on a bus , from Suryavinayak to Ratnapark at 4 pm. As a night shift student on Ratna Rajya Laxmi, I should be on my college around 5.30 Pm.
Yeah, I was travelling. Due to degrading security situation in the capital many check posts were run by Nepalese Army. At Sallaghari, Bhaktapur, few Army Officers stop the bus, make the passenger out of it and interrogate them individually in a line, checked the bags and were doing their duty. Then, it's my turn, one of the officer was still asking me question i.e. "Where are You going?" I used to feel very challenging to deal with an army officer. So, I said politely ,"Sir, I am going to RR." When I turned back the bus had left me n my class was nearly missed. I Yelled," Oh no, my bus left me away! Set!"
Then , the officer whistled a bus which was just coming from Dholalghat. And said to the conductor, "Leave this boy at RR." Oh! I felt relaxed, entered into the bus and had a seat. Then, a lady came near to me n said "This is mine. How dare you to seat here? I felt ashamed and guilty. She asked to the conductor "why did you not tell this boy , the seat is mine? " And the reply was that,"Don't You know he was the man of an army officer, How could I interrogate him? I laughed. No, no I grinned n blushed. I came to know later that the long route seats were used to be already reserved.
The conductor could not ask me about the fare too . I mean I had already paid the last bus which has left me in that check post. How could a student lend double fare? The bus reached at the old buspark within 20 minutes coz the bus was in enormous speed. Finally, it was the destination n I got out of the bus n just started to walk from the bus stop. There was a voice from my intimate who had not took the fare, " Sir, Here is the way to go RR."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

कोशी पारी फलाँटका माधव खरेल काभ्रेबाट १६ वर्षको उमेरमा घरबाट भागी काठमाडौं

लङ्गुर बुर्जे जिवन, साउदी माना,पाना,आना

गीता सार !